David Werdiger has written a number of pieces during the Israel-Hamas war of July/August 2014 that consider various aspects of the conflict:
- No Room for Restraint is a rally against the constant demands that Israel show ‘restraint’ in responding to the attacks against its civilian population.
- Israel is the New One-percenter discusses how the left have over-reached in their search to treat all conflicts as equal between the two parties.
- That’s not a Knife deals with the incorrect labels often used to describe Israel and its actions, and the double damage they cause.
- Who to Blame? examines the syndrome of simplistic and false cause-and-effect arguments that is very prevalent in discussing the war.
- Deployed, Destroyed but NEVER Enjoyed talks about how we ought reflect on the damage caused during war.
These have all been published on Times of Israel.